May 10, 2017

World Lupus Day


My Lupus flare is a monstrous burden on me. Since September 2016 up to now it penetrated my everyday life starting from the basic up to the mental and emotional states of it. Waking up in the morning thinking it is another Lupus day is basically giving me the "stress" all at once, and how ironic because stress is the most important thing that a Lupus patient must avoid.  

But anyway, enough of my drama! Since it's World Lupus Day, I figured I should be happy. Not because I get to celebrate WLD because of my Lupus, but because I now know that people are getting more aware of this illness, they're being active of extending the awareness, and most importantly, they're giving support and spreading love. What a happy day it really is! :)

I joined the HFL Warriors Group in hopes that I would find people whom I can talk and relate to when it comes to my illness, and it was indeed one of the best decisions I've made. Being a timid type of person, opening up myself to people I barely even know was a big big big step for me. 




I was browsing my Facebook feed when a post from the group popped out, it was an invitation for the celebration of World Lupus Day and also as a surprise birthday party for the Hope for Lupus founder, Congresswoman Emmeline Aglipay-Villar, who happens to have Lupus also. Right at that moment I didn't hesitate to join, I immediately commented my name for the list and was gladly accepted by the admin. Then came May 10, I prepped for the event and went at the said venue, it was held at Annabel's Restaurant in Tomas Morato, Quezon City. I felt like I am a total gatecrasher when I arrived at the event, kind of nervous because it is really my first time to attend in an event like that and I am totally clueless of what's gonna happen. But anyway, I just stayed calm and luckily the HFL volunteers where so gracious for assisting me. There was a short sharing of Lupus stories from the survivors, messages from DPWH Secretary Mark Villar for his wife Congresswoman Emmeline, messages from some of their friends, presscon, Miss Em's Lupus story and many more. By the way, the food was good, it was buffet style so everyone got to have the taste of everything. :)

But most importantly, I gained a lot from this celebration. I have gotten the privilege of discovering Lupus in a much deeper sense and to a whole new level, I listened to their stories, I was fed by new knowledge from different walks of life, interacted with real Lupus warriors, and of course got to be a part of the birthday celebration of another true Lupus warrior.

Thank you Miss Emm and Happiest birthday to you! We are all thankful to you for initiating the Hope for Lupus Foundation and for continuously giving support and spreading hope for every Lupus warrior. I wish for your fast recovery and best of health. There is HOPE! :) 



MILESTONE ACHIEVED! :)



HAPPY WORLD LUPUS DAY!!! :)


XOXO




No comments:

Post a Comment