June 08, 2012

My Serious Blog; For Moms

"Find time with your children. The times you spend with them are priceless moments you can never replace with any amount of your success (materials or otherwise.)"
via etsy


I am writing this blog as a favor for my self, with a little pinch of hope that I can give some advice to the ones who can relate. And of course, wishing I can inspire some of you who took their time to read my blog.

It all started when my first little angel came into my life. And for over four years now, I've been doing the same old routine, every single day of my life. It's as if I am a robot -- programmed to do errands from the time I wake-up in the morning until before I sleep when the night comes. If I had to do something else I need to literally book myself at least a week or a couple of days prior to it and look for someone who's free and trustworthy enough to baby sit my little angels. So, yes! This whole set-up is killing me! From being a prim and proper dalagang filipina wayback high school and college days, to becoming an instant Mom of two then  to a single mom. It has never been an easy thing. It's like being thrown in a war without a single weapon. Seriously? This is the hardest phase in my entire life.

Years is passing and yet I'm stuck in the same old routine but, I manage to perfectly master them well. Sometimes, I felt like this whole thing is taking me forever and yet I cannot sight the finish line from where I am standing. I'm just like inside a box and missing out my whole life, clueless of how it feels like being outside it, throwing away every single opportunity I may have, and letting my time to just slip away.

Four years had passed and I didn't notice it all. And just lately, I realized everything that happened, that same old programmed routine that I was doing for years now,  wasn't that bad after all. In fact, I was nurturing a precious new life right at my own two hands because God knew that he surely can entrust them to me. I may be missing out the limelights of my supposedly "young and fun years" but, I also knew in my heart that I cannot afford to miss out on the adventures of being a MOM, a parent (single parent apparently), and a woman. And yes, being a young mom and a dad altogether at the same time is not a happy picture all the time, but this life's sadness, pains, failures, hardships, trial and errors, and challenges are some of the few extra tests that will make and reshape me into a better person and a parent. I am learning from it every single day of my life.

So to all the moms, young and old, single or married, don't ever think that you're half less of your value as a woman just because you think you're doing the same things about 360 times a day, 7 days a week. Or maybe just because you don't own or have your own life anymore. You cannot pause or stop. But believe me! You're doing great and you're not missing out on the most important chapters of your life and your child's life and that alone is so amazing! You're there because you're supposed to be there. That's the time you cannot take back or can ever replace with any thing, achievement, or success you can have.


No comments:

Post a Comment